The Cultural areas of Mesoamerica are distributed as follows:
- Region of Central Mexico where different cultures were established: Teotihuacan’s, Toltec and Aztecs.
- Southern Region of Mexico which includes Oaxaca, Veracruz, Puebla, Guerrero, and others. In this region were established: Olmec, Zapotec, Mixtec and other cultures.
- Maya Region. The Maya area is divided in two environments: The Highlands and Lowlands; however for purposes of identifying these environments 3 zones more clearly defined.
- Noth Zone. Cover the State of Yucatan and most of the states of Campeche and Quintana Roo, Tabasco and Belice.
- Central Zone. Known as Lowlands extends from the northern slopes of the mountain ranges of Chiapas, Guatemala and Honduras.
- South Zone. Includes the highlands of Chiapas, and Guatemala, as well as the lands of pacific coast of Guatemla, El Salvador and Honduras.